Saturday, August 8, 2015

The Automat Part 2

The New York Public Library:
"The Automat was one of the wonders of New York." 





Bred and buttered in Brooklyn, Betty Blade (nee Sword) recalls on her Flickr page going to the Automat with her mother. 



"When I was a kid... I'd go wit my muddah to an automat ( orw-dah-mat).  She'd give me a fist fulla nickels and I'd run around and get what ever I wanted...as long as I was tall enough to reach."



Automat (1927) Edward Hopper


Cezar Del Valle is the author of the Brooklyn Theatre Index, a three-volume history of borough showplaces. The first two volumes chosen 2010 OUTSTANDING BOOK OF THE YEAR by the Theatre Historical Society. Final volume published in  September 2014.

He conducts a series of popular theatre talks and walking tours.


Now selling on Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment